Tuesday 17 July 2012

One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. (Psalm 145:4 KJV)

I am humbled as I think of the faith of those younger than me.

It may be someone in training in the church, or a member of our family, or someone else, but I think, you are streets ahead of where I was at your age in terms of faith and Christian maturity.

It may be someone working for a charity in Africa, or the excellence of Christian ministry to students, or someone moving to a difficult area so they can be a witness thee for Jesus. I think, 'wow'

I see too how faith is passed down the generations. Not that faith is inherited, but that the Christian upbringing provides a foundation which can be built on.

One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. (Psalm 145:4 KJV)

Pastor Bill Johnson speaks of how the faith ceiling of our own generation should be the floor of the next.

I also had one of those Wow moments when I saw one of our children's leaders waiting outside St Paul's. They were just back from SOLID, an activity day for our children. It had been a long day, they had mud up their legs, they were tired, but there was a smile on heir face!

"One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts."

Their love and faith is being passed on. Thank you for giving that time. Thank you for nurturing our young people in the faith. They will build on our faith. Well done!

No comments: