Tuesday 24 January 2012

Sabbatical Day 9

Thinking about my next photographic project. The one that appeals, of the options in the course I am following, is People and Storytelling. The images must convey the subject's personality, and have a narrative or story embodied in the image which add to our understanding. I will make this my working project and see how I get on.

I am increasingly aware of the importance of story in preaching the gospel. My recent thinking was sparked of by the Study Day on preaching last year (featured in a previous blog here) at the Cathedral at which Bishop Stephen spoke. Since then I have begun to be newly inspired by the parables. It has long intrigued me that so much preaching is very different to the way Jesus taught. All sorts of good reasons can be given, but I wonder...

No comments: