Wednesday 21 November 2012

Synod voting

Was so hopeful yesterday and so sad at the vote. I believe the scriptures are with those longing for women bishops. I hear this in Paul himself - in the sense of relief he has in turning from 'in culture' to 'in Christ' as it were in 1 Corinthians 11: 11.
We are now experiencing the cruciformity I wrote of in the last blog. Good Friday is very bleak, verty painful, very dark.  But it is not to lessen the awfulness by saying that resurrection comes in Easter Sunday. That is the point of resurrection - it surprises, comes from nowhere, and doesn't look like we anticipate.
I'm not over-bothered by how this is viewed in the wider world (though there are consequences.) I give thanks that I am part of God's church where we can struggle with these issues. And I believe that God is bigger than us all - the God who leads us all into cruciformly.

No comments: