Monday 18 January 2016

Sabbatical - Day 15 - Monday

6:30am and we are on the double decker train for Bangalore in Karnataka from Central Station.
The station, built by the British, would not be out of place in London. 
While waiting read Michael Green:"[Paul's] talking about God is matched by his talking to God."
I reflect that it is quite hard to pray at the moment in the highly enjoyable but busy schedule. "Lord, teach me to pray." The train journey, getting on for 6 hours, will probably give opportunity.
7:30,we are off!
Sadhu Sundar Singh church from the train 
We see the new build following slum clearance 
Many walk near or even along the tracks

Jayaseelan and I talk about ministry in India and England. I begin reflecting on the bible passages for next Sunday  - from:
Deuteronomy 4:1-10
1 Corinthians 1:10-16
Ephesians 3:1-4
John 15:11-17
Psalm 104:29-39
The theme is Unity and Love. I reflect on the love for the Bible. The Catechist's Bible I saw yesterday had notes on most pages. 
I begin to reflect on my priorities time-wise in Harlow. 
The countryside changes :

We arrive...


And settle into United Theological College. 

No comments: