Friday 8 January 2016

Sabbatical - Day 5

St Peter's Vyasarpadi Pastorate, CSI, Chennai

Very much looking forward be meeting so many wonderful people in Chennai and further afield! I rejoice that God in his grace has so enriched my life as I have learnt what it is to be a member of the world church.

I am also aware that I am to be immersed in something wonderfully different and also challenging
- a different language and culture;
- which has been so enriching and life-changing;
- the challenge of a church that knows so much (in its experience) about mission and evangelism; and also about working to overthrow the scandal of denominationalism.

I pray that I will be a good listener and observer. Last time I asked lots of questions (perhaps a defence mechanism). And may I be prayerful. I suspect that God will be at work in the places and events I least suspect. God surprised me last time. I must beware trying to repeat last time's experience. God is the God of surprises: I need to be prayerfully open to the new things God will be doing and saying.



A very useful morning today exploring the theme of Ecclesiology through some of Lesslie Newbigin's writings. Some pennies are beginning to drop. Still not sure how all this will come together for the paper I need to prepare to present - but a deadline is always helpful!



Photos of members of the Vyasarpadi Pastorate, CSI, Chennai







No comments: